August 27, 2008

My fast - Day 4

No, you aren't missing anything, nor did I delete any posts for the first three days.  Today is the fourth day of my fast.  I started my fast on the sundown after Shabbat (the start of Yom Rishon).  I woke up Sunday morning COMPLETELY filled with JOY...There was so much joy that I found it hard to describe to my wife.  I felt the Ruach's presence nearly all day!  The second and third days were very spiritually quiet.

Today, however, is a little different.  Today is all about praising YHWH.  As I was praying this morning before opening up my Bible to read this morning, I felt as though I was not being heard...the "null" feeling you have when you aren't praying in the Spirit.  I was a little confused, but continued to pray.  Then I started thanking YHWH and I again felt the Ruach's presence.  I then heard the words, "Oh, My son, My son."  I then prayed to ask Abba to not let it be my "inside" voice (the one you hear when you talk to yourself, or do a lot of thinking), but His.  The words, "Oh, My son, My son." repeated in a voice that was different than my own.  It was also impressed upon me that today was to be a day of praise and thanksgiving, and not one of asking questions or making requests.

So, today, I am doing my best to use my thoughts and my prayers for the sole purpose of thanking and praising YHWH in various ways, from reading aloud from Psalms, to simply saying "Thank You," to ...

How many ways can we express gratitude to our Creator? 

In how many ways can we praise Him?

No comments: