August 31, 2008

After the fast

OK, so I fasted for seven days, minus one or two hours. What happened? I read the Bible more than I had been, which brought back my hunger to dig into Abba's written Word. I prayed more than I had been...I sought answers in a little bit different way...and the result? Praises came out of my mouth in GREATER amounts than ever before, as though David was whispering in my ear. After my prayers one morning, I felt led to set aside the entire day just for that purpose. I didn't ask anything, I didn't pray about anything or anyone...my wandering thoughts throughout the day were filled with nothing but praise and thanksgiving. I believe it was on this same day that I heard a voice that was not my own say, "Oh, My son, My son." When I heard it, I prayed that it would be made clear that it was not my imagination, nor my "inner voice" (the one you use when you think to yourself). The voice repeated with the same words - "Oh, My son, My son."

I didn't exactly receive answers to the things I was asking and seeking. But maybe I wasn't supposed to at this time. Maybe it was simply about following directions. I will say that until the last day and a half, I had zero problems. Oh wait, the first day I had the shakes, but as expected, that went away quickly. I somewhat expected to experience hunger, but that was not the case. There were no hunger pangs...NONE! I was being fed by Abba's Word and through prayer alone. Right at the end, I started to have stomach cramping and weakness in my legs. So I prayed that I wanted to persevere all the way through, but I wasn't sure if I could make it. Abba became my strength. Although I still had fuzziness of thought and a near-room-spinning experience (which was a little odd), I was able to make it until the end. Praise YHWH!

For those who are reading this, and also fasted during, or around, this time, I would like to hear your experiences. Did you receive the answers you were seeking, or maybe something totally different.

No comments: