Can we go back in time? How about we pretend like we are for a few minutes.
Today is September 2, 2008, and I want to travel back just a few weeks to the end of June.
We knew we would be unable to pay our rent for July, so it was agreed with the landlord to move out, without any hard feelings. We thought we were being sent to the Knoxville area, but we were wrong. We were sent to Pikeville, a tiny little area in the Sequatchie Valley, to stay with friends for a season. Just how long is a season, anyway? I had heard that the job market was good in Chattanooga, and had expected that I would be working in short order and helping with bills, if not being the majority of the income for awhile, until our friend's leg healed. At first, there were lots of little projects to do, and we had the spare money to do some of them, so we didn't ask for reimbursement for anything. Then a group of friends came down to help with a couple of the larger ones while the family was out of town.
So, at that point I started to peruse the job market, and little by little finding local sources for job listings. That was about six weeks ago. Flash forward to the present day.
Tonight I had "the talk" (that I knew was coming soon) with the head of the family we are staying with. Without coming straight out and telling me, he said that we are too much of a financial and emotional burden to him and his family to remain very much longer.
We need to leave....NOW! But, where will we go? Where *can* we go? Where does ABBA want us to go?
I pray and feel the Ruach's presence, but I don't get any clear direction from Him. If the road was so well paved for us to move to TN, then why are we down to no money and about to lose a home for the second time since being here, and on top of it, are now a burden to someone? What have I missed, or misunderstood? Have I failed to understand where we were to go? It seems like there is so much life in the Knoxville area...so why were we led to not one, but two areas that are seemingly dried up, spiritually and with jobs?
I feel a little like Moses, leading my family into the wilderness, stopping here, and stopping there. As I prayed a little while ago, I asked if we are at the foot of Sinai, on the border of Canaan, or somewhere in-between...or none of the above? I have also recently prayed about understanding the faith of Moses and Abraham, and have gotten a small glimpse into that. My eyes have opened just a little further into what true faith is, and how doubt can creep in and destroy what little faith you do have (think of Peter walking on the water). And it may appear that I have doubts, but I'm more questioning "what's next?" and putting that question into the form of other questions, rather than casting doubt.
We have relied on our Father's provisions and direction even before we left CO...and have relied on Him, and only Him, throughout this time. This time...some would call it a judgement, some a trial, some a time of waiting, some a time of discovery, some a time of pruning, some a time of learning...whatever this time is, I pray that I receive direction as to what I am supposed to be doing, where I am supposed to be leading my family, and/or where our next stop is.
September 03, 2008
Is a season only 6 weeks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment