OK, so today was the first day of a new year. And? Aside from investing in new software, and having the day off of work, nothing else changed except the date. There was no reflecting on the past (I do WAY too much of that anyway). There was no football on the TV (in fact the TV wasn't even turned on until late afternoon). No parade was watched (no one even brought it up, which was fine with me). Just a nice fairly quiet, restful and stress-less day.
As for the upcoming year...Well, there's going to be changes happening. What all of them are, I don't have a clue. I know there will be both good and bad, as are every year. Some big, some small. But nonetheless, there will be changes. Some of the changes have already started, and things put into place to move them forward. But with whatever changes will happen, I'm excited about the coming months.
I'm looking forward to getting back to teaching. And I'm looking forward to see what comes of that teaching. I'm looking forward to using some skills I haven't used in three decades and teach movie-making and editing skills to my family (and anyone else that wants to learn). I'm looking forward to learning the new way to do it (I used to have to literally cut/paste the film) and developing a new skill set.
Something else I'm looking forward to...moving. Not physically; not the type where you pack up and relocate. Rather, emotionally and spiritually moving. You see, I've lived too much in the past for far too long and a part of me got stuck there. And due to certain circumstances, I've been on a "spiritual hiatus," if you will, for the past few years. So, for me, it's finally time to let the past be the past, stop saying "I want things to be like they were back then," and move forward in life. But regardless of the changes; regardless of what I, or we do; or regardless of what we would like to have happen, we will follow our Father's leading. I'm done sitting on the park bench watching everyone walk by. It's time for me to get up, stretch and get back on the path that's lit by the Light.
So, for me, today was not a day to reflect on the past, but rather think about the future, and all of the new things to come. I can't say that my journey ended because it didn't. It was put on hold for awhile. And now, it's time for it to continue. I know that my family will be right there with me, and in some aspects I need to run to catch up with them. And I know that there are a few friends that will join me, while others will stop or go on to their own journey.
So, with this brand new year ahead of me, ahead of us, have joy in the fact that we have breath to give praise to Avinu Malchenu, our Father our King, and that our Abba, YHWH has blessed us with so much already.
January 02, 2015
It's Time to Leave the Past in the Past
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment