OK...so I couldn't change the name very well. :)
Anyway, we are spending the night in KS City, MO...actually, just on
the outskirts. We left Sterling at 8:30 this morning and did about a
13 hour day with LOTS of stops. I would have updated earlier, but my
phone won't send email :( Talk about being bummed out! Oh well. I
could have sworn I've sent stuff to myself before. Anyway, the cab
of the truck looks like a cockpit since that's where our computers
are, plus a TV, as well as my laptop + GPS. Teresa is using a TomTom
that we are testing out for awhile. (( Sorry...Can't give further
details due to a contract. ))
It's been an enjoyable day. Although, none of us felt as though we
drove that long. It seemed like we only left a few hours ago. I set
the cruise control on the truck at 65, but we dropped below that
several times going up large hills (yes, KS has them, surprisingly
enough) and through little podunk towns. KS likes to do this thing
where they get you up to a decent speed, say 50 or 65, and then hit
you with a 40mph limit, then a quarter mile later another 50, and
then another 40, and then let you get back to 65...just to do it all
over again. And what's with their thing about driving with one
headlight out, or going 50 in a 65 on a two-lane highway??? Strange people!
In KS City we ran into a situation that could be taken two ways...but
either way YHWH comes out on top. I have the mapping program
configured for the shortest route. Well, when I put in the KOA, it
took us *through* KSC, instead of keeping us on the freeway (the KOA
is just about a quarter mile off the freeway). Anyway, I eventually
got frustrated enough to get back on the freeway. It still kept
trying to take us off the freeway. As it *finally* said the correct
exit, I noticed a sign for a gas station. At the same exit that the
KOA was at, was a gas station with the cheapest gas (both types) that
we have run into yet! I told Teresa that I thought we were just
wasting time and gas, and here YHWH was making it so that I would end
up at a cheap gas station. She said that it was probably the Enemy
trying to get me frustrated to a breaking point. Like I said,
whatever the root cause was, YHWH used it for good and blessed us yet again.
Everyone is knocked out except for me, and I'm about there. The wake
up call is coming at 6:30 CST, which should get us out of here by
8:00. And then somewhere between 8-12 hours later, we'll be in Dickson, TN.
Well, I need to get off of this thing and get to sleep and turn the laptop off.
Shalom!
No comments:
Post a Comment