March 02, 2008

Watch out for subtle attacks!

Earlier this week I was the victim of a sneak attack and it didn't register until the following day. I had been trying to get ahold of a certain recruiter in Knoxville that had sent me an email wanting me to call him back. Well, I finally got ahold of him and was told that I probably wouldn't find a good job in the area, that I would have to start at "entry level" because I had been out of the IT world for a couple of years, I couldn't expect much in the way of pay, and basically not to really look for a computer-related job. He called himself a "value added <something-or-other>" and said that a company that paid him $10K-$15K would expect a top notch person, meaning someone with lots of certifications and education, and who had been recently in the market. On top of that, he said that he would talk to his boss and co-workers to see if they knew of any other openings and then call me back the following day. He never did call back, and I was depressed through the rest of the day to the point where I couldn't look at any job postings.

The Adversary has a harsh sense of humor! I realized that he was laughing his tail end off at me, and that he was probably thinking he had won a battle. I had news for him...I may have been wounded, but I definitely wasn't out of the battle! I started looking for jobs again the next day and communicating with other recruiters.

I still don't have anything lined up, but events this weekend showed that doing what Abba wants us to do.

No comments: